There is a place for YOU on the Host Team.
OUR MISSION: LOVE GOD. LOVE OTHERS.
PURPOSE: YOU make the difference. None of this is possible without the body of Christ working together. We are so glad you are here and have taken the step to use your gifts and skills to set the stage for God to work. On the Host Team, you’ll be a part of creating a comfortable environment for our guests, so they can be open to hear the truth of God’s Word. You are truly influencing environments where life change happens. Our hope is that you will grow as a follower of Christ and build relationships and community as you serve the local church. To lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Host Team volunteers understand that new visitors form an opinion about Community Church within the first minutes of their experience. From the second a guest pulls into the parking lot, the Host Team creates a comfortable environment so people can be open to hearing the truth of God’s Word.
JOIN A TEAM:
ALL TEAMS: All Host Team members should wear the provided lanyard at all times. Part of creating a comfortable environment is being easily recognizable to our guests. Be friendly and smile!
PARKING TEAM: Greet guests by smiling and attempting to genuinely connect with them through their windshield. We have signs available, which adds an impactful touch! Clearly direct guests to available parking spots and into the building.
GREETING TEAM: Greet each guest enthusiastically. Show them that you are glad they are here. Maintain positive body language (smile, make eye contact, stand with good posture).
HOSPITALITY TEAM: Welcome every guest who approaches the hospitality area and assist them as needed. Consistently provide the coffee, donuts and granola bars in a neat, well-presented area. Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the hospitality area as well as seating areas throughout the lobby.
USHER TEAM: Be proactive! Actively look for guests to assist and politely inform them that you have seats for them. Maintain positive body language (keep your back to the stage, smile, make eye contact, and stand with good posture). Quietly move to the back of the auditorium to prepare for passing of the communion and offering. Usher Team members should use flashlights in the auditorium, if needed
PREP TEAM: Prepare each seat in the auditorium for our guests, making sure all supplies are in place, and the area is free of debris. Pray over the seats in the auditorium.
INFO TEAM: You’ve set the stage for God to do what only He can do. Welcome guests who approach the Welcome Center (Connections Central). Assist new guests by answering questions or walking with them to tour different areas of the church. Have knowledge of each ministry area including ages and locations.
COMMUNION PREP TEAM: Each week, either Saturday or Sunday, a team prepares the holy sacraments that we share on Sunday morning.
For More Information:
Erin Keller, 405.315.3517
LEADERS & TEAMS
Thank you...for being on the Host Team!
Our Mission is to LOVE GOD and LOVE OTHERS.
Here are a few reminders of what we desire for you and from you. Much of this information comes from the "Leading and Serving At Community," the guidelines every volunteer and staff member is asked to follow. If we all strive to do this while we love students and their parents, God will be glorified, and we will enjoy His abundant blessings in this ministry!
TEAM AND GROUP LEADERS:
- Have an active relationship with the Lord!
- Participate in corporate worship at least twice a month!
- Share their heart and burdens with other believers!
- Model and Lead like Colossians 3:23 says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.”
- Encourage others to be their best! Hebrews 10:24 say, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”
- Guard our talk. Ephesians 4:29-32 says, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
- Represent the church and its mission: When leaders are teaching or answering questions on doctrine, they are to represent the Biblical teaching of Community and its philosophies of ministry.
- Live and serve with integrity: We are committed to protecting the integrity of our ministry leaders and the reputation of our Lord. The Bible says church leaders are to be "above reproach." Ephesians 5:3 says, “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.”
- Promote Unity and Resolve discord is paramount in the Kingdom of God. Luke 11:17 says, “But He knew their thoughts and said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against itself falls.”